Monday, June 11, 2012

Pop with a Circle A






I really love pop underground to motivate me in whatever exercise routine I have for the day and there is nobody I love more than observant muslim and anarchist Lupe Fiasco.  Granted musically I am a much bigger fan of his premier album Food and Liquor (2006) than I am of the much poppier most recent Lasers (2011) but dammit it makes me happy to think of Lupe's commentary on world politics which includes being pro-Palestine anti-Obama and dismissal of the voting process, seeping into the minds of tweens across America.

Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship?
Murdering is not Islam!

And you are not observant
And you are not a muslim
Israel don't take my side cause look how far you've pushed them




No comments:

Post a Comment