Wednesday, May 30, 2012

PURGE

When you are a person like me (perpetual motion machine) you must constantly purge your belongings to insure your movements are as swift as possible.  This morning I chose to tackle my "personal" box - full of letters, artwork, zines and photos from family and friends.  I usually avoid going through this box and clearing it out because a) I will cry at some point and b) it seems odd to sit down and determine what memories you want to hold onto and which ones to risk possibly eliminating entirely.  But alas I did- went through each one, supportive letters from family and friends through celebrations and tragedy and did my best to get rid of the fluff.  Found one lone map that ended up being of Mexico/ Central America which I took as a nod from the cosmos.  Here is a small sample of the saved, that I kept to make it easier for historians when they have to chronicle my life in the future. 

A natural progression: First Communion, punk high school graduate, hitchhiker.






"Letters are testaments of friendship" - AE 

No comments:

Post a Comment