Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's a feeling



I have uprooted once again, having completely cleared out of my place in Bed-Stuy and plans indicate I will be leaving Brooklyn borders.   Excited for new prairies and not sad to leave but grateful I had a chance to live in this legendary cultural center of BK (and the world).  I am going to miss some aspects of the neighborhood.  Namely, the call to prayer from the Masjid At-Taqwa mosque located at Fulton and Bedford,  my landlord and her family which included Marcel my constant advice giver and morning chat friend and their grandson who would jump out and greet me from a hiding place sometimes when I would stumble through the door at the end of a long day, automatically lifting my spirits.  And last but not least Abdul, my friend and parking lot attendant on the corner of Halsey and Bedford always wishing me a nice day.

Some more things I will miss:

Masjid At-Taqwa
Cats named after revolutionaries.  I will also miss the laundromat on Arlington.


It's the Brooklyn way. One of my co-workers on a walk around the neighborhood, as love seems to emanate from him.

Random shit: Just another horse in Bed Stuy.  Federation of Black Cowboys pay a visit to the local elementary school.  On this same day a block away I came across a Afro-Carib cop trying to settle a traffic dispute between an old ass Orthodox Jew and an old ass Muslim man.  There's a joke in there somewhere.  I was tempted to take a picture but decided it would be rude but laughed out loud at the sight nonetheless.

The colors....


The stoop.  

Marcel.





No comments:

Post a Comment