Friday, August 10, 2012

The bonds that tie

This past week I had a chance to sit for one on ones with a couple of friends who have been in my life for well over a decade.  We have not lived in the same town, much less the same state in years but here we are once again meeting up, consoling each other through our ups and downs, helping each other get through our day to day.  Leaving me to wonder, what are the bonds that tie us?  Is it chemical? Is it personality? Some reincarnated soul gang that rolls with each other life after life?  I have no answers here, I am genuinely intrigued as I get older why some relationships are so effortless and others so effortful.  When on paper two individuals side by side check out the same, it seems illogical that your connection to either of them should vary by much.  Being able to kick it seems less about the activity itself but more about the bonds that exist between you and that person.  Sure, yea I would rather be doing some activities over others but getting wasted with your head glued to the bar has it's place in life just as much as spending an evening creating something with friends.  In time being spent, I say I am up for whatever, which I am but if I think about it I am really up for people.







No comments:

Post a Comment